Plymouth Foam is hiring 2nd shift machine operators.
If you are looking to find a new job with a company that fosters a culture of passion, creativity and passion, you are in the right place! We are a family company that cultivates relationships based upon relevance, fulfillment, and mutual success. Our success lies within our skilled and dedicated associates.
See below to learn more about this job position. If interested, we invite you to apply today!
Who You Are
You’ll be a reliable, results-oriented, high-quality-of-work person who is driven to succeed in a highly team-oriented environment. You will be willing and able to work with others to accomplish a variety of tasks on a daily basis within a specified timeframe. You will thrive on efficiency and the sensation of a job well-done.
If you want to grow a business, express the best part of yourself, and have a major impact on a company’s day to day operations, this is an ideal role for you. You will grow and develop new skills and have adventures you’ve likely never experienced before.
Why This Role Matters
This is an opportunity to support a fast-paced, innovative company. We provide foam solutions to customers through an immense variety of products. There are 3 keys to success in this role:
- Attention to Detail – ensure that items are of high quality and meet all customers’ product specifications and/or packaging requirements.
- Teamwork – Work together with fellow team members to ensure efficiency through all functions.
- Efficiency – work successfully and meet deadlines without creating wasted time or product.
Who Your Customers Are And How This Role Delivers Value To Them
Your external customers are our customers. Your internal customers will be the Plymouth Foam team overall. You’ll provide value to both via being a reliable, trusted, grounded, individual. They’ll know you have their back and bring them high-quality products in an efficient manner because your work is timely and of a consistently high standard.
- Maintain quality compliance of product according to customer specifications
- Conduct accurate and complete data collection and paperwork
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members and leadership
- Complete work on schedule and accurately
- Move finished product from workstation to banding/wrapping station.
- Must be proficient in reading a tape measure and general mathematics with or without the use of a calculator.
- Must be able to follow instructions, read, write, and speak English as needed to operate machines and complete paperwork.
- Must have general computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a group.
- Must be able to work effectively in general manufacturing settings and conditions.
- Ability to lift/ carry up to 15 pounds regularly and up to 40 pounds occasionally with help.
- Ability to stand and walk during the entire shift.