Making environmentally conscious decisions is important to us and to our customers. Like many of you, we are concerned about waste disposal and its effects on the environment. We want you to know we are doing everything we can to ensure that the materials we use, such as our expanded polystyrene (EPS) packaging, are environmentally safe and recyclable.
Why EPS foam packaging?
- EPS’ durable, snug fit absorbs shocks, resists moisture and greatly reduces damage. You expect your products to arrive safely, and EPS helps make that happen!
- Light weight saves fuel during shipping. Recycled already to reduce waste and save energy.
- As the recycled content of EPS packaging increases (10% recycled content is typical; up to 20% is possible), energy use decreases 3% to 13%.
- Recyclable again to create new foam packaging or other polystyrene products such as video cassettes, toys, office supplies and packing peanuts.
- Safe in landfills, producing no toxic by-products and encouraging plant growth by helping to aerate the soil.
- EPS makes up less than 1% of the solid waste disposed in U.S. landfills. (In contrast, paper and paperboard products make up about 31%.)
- Safe to incinerate, with no toxic emissions. Only carbon dioxide, water vapor and a trace amount of ash are given off when EPS is burned.
We invite you to join us in Thinking Clean. Acting Green. Visit www.epspackaging.org.
For more information on our views of sustainable EPS foam packaging, please visit www.plymouthfoam.com.