- Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) has a standard R-Value of 4.0/inch of thickness. This meets insulation requirements for food service, heating and cooling, along with cold chain solutions.
- Good vibration dampening and even isolation can be readily achieved with Airehide™ materials. This is highly application specific engineered on an ad hoc basis.
- Due to its lightweight particles, Airehide™ solutions remove weight from component housings by replacing the mounting surfaces. Airehide™ provides excellent fastening and mounting capabilities thus reducing assembly times and number of components. Seat assemblies in automobiles have reduced the weight by over 15 lbs for example.
- Airehide™ (PEPP) provides both absorption and transmission reductions in sound. By replacing metal housings in HVAC devices, Airehide™ becomes the noise suppressor of choice.
Chemical Resistant Properties:
- Very good chemical resistance overall, with resiliency against acids and alkalines, solvents, grease, oil, etc. A comprehensive guide to chemical resistance is published and available.
Ultraviolet Radiation Resistance:
- Good UV resistance for most applications. Long-term exposure primarily affects surface color while some embrittlement, chalking and crazing can occur depending on exposure levels and durations. Data is published and available
Humidity and Water Resistance:
- Good resistance to humidity and water exposure. Typical water absorption is 0.1% to 0.3% by volume after 24 hours submersion and 0.6% after 1 week. See property data for more detail.
EPP Flame Retardant Properties:
- UL-94 HBF
- UL-94 HF1(7mm wall thickness @ a minimum density of 45 gm/l)
- UL-94 V0 (13mm wall thickness @ a minimum density of 45 gm/l)
- ASTM-E84 Flame Spread and Smoke Development
EPP Electrical Properties:
- Standard EPP
- Surface Resistivity: >1 x 10ˆ14 ohms/square
- Specialty Anti-Stat Grades Available
- Surface Resistivity: >10 x 10ˆ12 ohms/square o Surface Resistivity: >10 x 10ˆ7 ohms/square
- RoHS Compliance
- HAACP Compatibility Requirements
- No Phthalates
- CFC & HCFC Free
- 100% Recyclable