Airehide™ is more than a registered trademark of Plymouth Foam. It’s an experience that sets a standard for performance. Many companies offering EPF (EPP/EPE/etc.) technologies will just reference the materials; we argue that this does not explain to our customers what the material is and how it is different from other technical solutions and/or EPS.
In this blog, properties of the material, applications and industries served can be found. In addition, an infographic containing a differentiated solutions area is available for reference.
The air technology (interior) combined with the protective, rugged and durable hide (exterior) provides unique product solutions.
- Vibration Dampening: Good vibration dampening and even isolation can be readily achieved with Airehide™ materials. This is highly application specific engineered on an ad hoc basis.
- Chemical Resistant Properties: Very good chemical resistance overall, particularily against acids and alkalies, solvents, grease, oil, etc.
- Ultraviolet Radiation Resistance: Good UV resistance for most applications. Long-term exposure primarily affects surface color while some embrittlement, chalking and crazing can occur depending on exposure levels and durations.
- Humidity and Water Resistance: Good resistance to humidity and water exposure. Typical water absorption, density dependent, is 0.1% to 0.3% by volume after 24 hours submersion and 0.6% after 1 week.
The strength and lightweight properties fill the needs of a wide array of applications which can drive industry growth. Due to their ability to absorb massive impacts, these below materials are ideal for:
- Cushioning (xEPE): back rests, head rests, arm rests, tools and pad holders
- HVAC Enclosures (EPP): Enclosures for outdoor and indoor control panels, fan housings and shields, integrated wire management guides, lightweight structures
- Impact Protection (EPP): Automotive door inserts and impact protection parts, car seats for infants, booster seats, helmet inserts
- Travel and Storage Protection (EPP): Bicycle travel case, gun cases, delicate instrument cases
- Totes and Returnable Packaging (EPP): Pallet totes, stackable trays, bins and trays for kitting, collapsible coolers and totes, custom fit totes
- Structure and Buoyancy (EPE): Personal watercraft components, flotation parts, structural core
- Impact and Resliance (ETPU / ETPO): BASF (Infinergy®) used in Adidas Boost Shoe Line, JSP working with PUMA and NIKE for ETPU Fit to Shape JSP, ISPO AWARD WINNER 2017 SALOMON Sense Ride Sole, VIBE Technology
Airehide™ Industry Applications
Airehide™ polymer materials have successfully been utilized in a variety of industries and applications where it is well suited to solve a number of common and difficult design, application and manufacturing problems.
- Food & Beverage / Food Services / Pharmaceutical
- Consumer Electronics
- Medical Devices
- Industrial Systems
- Household Appliances
- Returnable Systems
- Transportation (Automotive, etc.)
Why Choose Airehide™?
“In addition to the unique properties for product performance, Airehide™ provides 100% recyclable material properties” said Doreen Lettau, Vice President Market and Business Development.
For further assistance with EPP, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.